Issues to consider when changing terms of employment A checklist of issues [...]
HR & Employment Law Retainer
Comprehensive HR and employment law support from our offices in London.
Complete peace of mind, security and protection for your business.
Why Your Business Needs An Employment Law Retainer
Every year, the number of employment-related claims made by employees goes up. There are new offences, more awareness generated and new avenues to improve employee rights, which can feel like a minefield for businesses.
In 2017, the average compensation a business had to pay for a racial discrimination claim was £36,000, plus over £17,000 in legal fees. Not to mention all of the time spent handling it, and the bad publicity that comes from it.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. With our help, you can be sure that your business has all of the help, advice and support it needs to prevent issues like this happening and handling them if they do. We can offer your business a bespoke, proactive, and comprehensive solution that’s tailored to suit your needs.
Our bespoke retainer can include some or all of the following options:
- A 9-5 advice line to a specialist employment solicitor. Avoid potential problems by getting the right advice from day one, and reduce the risk of a tribunal.
- Professional help with your employment contracts and employee handbook, so that you can create bespoke, up to date and legally compliant materials.
- Full support on day-to-day employment issues, such as dismissals, grievances, disciplinary letters, settlement agreements and more.
- Insurance cover for legal costs, in case one of your employees brings a claim against you, along with cover for compensation should they be successful.(optional extra)
Select the package best for you
Benefits To Your Business
- Direct contact with a specialist employment solicitor providing one-to-one advice.
- Proactive and legally correct advice, in line with your business requirements.
- Reduce the risk of claims being brought against your business.
- Our solicitors will perform a comprehensive review, to ensure all your employment documentation is correct, and redrafting when needed.
- Indemnity against awards of compensation and legal fees.
- A fixed monthly fee, helping you to plan your finances and still get advice when you need it.
- Free up your time by outsourcing support to a professional.
Why Choose Us?
We can handle a wide range of employment law and HR issues for our retainer clients as and when they need us. Some typical questions clients come to us with are:
“I just need a sounding board to make sure I’m on the right track and doing things properly.”
“We don’t need bog standard contracts or handbooks – they need to be bespoke, to cater for and protect our business”
“We’re afraid to dismiss someone whose on maternity leave, even though there is a genuine redundancy situation”
“An employee has raised a formal grievance alleging sexual harassment. What are our options?”
If you would like to find out more about how Herefords can support
your business, just contact us today.
*dependent on the number of employees and turnover
Effective advice, simple to understand and implement.
Prepared bespoke Employment contracts, which protected our clients from outgoing employees.
Invaluable, proactive and commercially focused advice, allowing us to manage and run our business effectively.